About Doug Smith
Doug is a corporate partner in our global transactions group.
He advises sponsors, underwriters and issuers on capital markets transactions ranging from initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements to high-yield, emerging market and investment-grade bond offerings and debt issuance programmes. Doug also advises on the US aspects and financing of cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
A New York-qualified lawyer, Doug has practiced in London since 2003 and delivers deal solutions with an integrated US and European approach.
- Advising Funding Circle, a leading global SME loans platform with operations in the UK, US, Germany and the Netherlands, on its IPO and premium listing on the LSE.
- Advising Vivo Energy, a leading retailer and marketer of Shell branded Fuels and Lubricants, on its IPO and simultaneous dual listing on the London Stock Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, the largest Africa-focussed IPO in more than a decade.
- Advising ConvaTec, the global medical products and technologies group, on its $1.8bn IPO and premium listing on the London Stock Exchange. The transaction valued the company at £4.4bn, representing the largest IPO in London in 2016 and one of the largest ever healthcare IPOs in Europe.
- Advising the underwriters on the IPO and premium listing on the London Stock Exchange of Alfa Financial, the global asset finance software group.
- Advising John Laing, the international originator, active investor and manager of infrastructure projects, on its IPO and subsequent equity fundraisings.
- Advising ABN AMRO on the establishment of its $25bn medium-term note programme and drawdowns thereunder and related liability management exercise.
- Advising Foster Wheeler on its approximately $8.5bn mixed cash and stock business combination with AMEC.
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD (Magna cum laude)
- Admitted to practice in New York