About Maxwell Smith
Maxwell Smith is an associate in the London office of our Technology and Intellectual Property Transactions practice.
Maxwell advises clients on a broad range of commercial, intellectual property, and data protection matters with a particular interest in fintech, technology, and artificial intelligence. This includes acquisitions and disposals, carve-outs, licensing, joint ventures, outsourcing and other complex commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Maxwell worked at a digital bank in London and the corporate department of leading New Zealand law firm, Bell Gully.
- London Stock Exchange Group on its strategic technology collaboration with Microsoft for next-generation data and analytics and cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Aston Martin on its strategic supply agreement with Lucid Group, Inc. to create ultra-luxury high performance battery electric vehicles.
- PayPal on the sale of up to $43 billion of PayPal's buy now, pay later loans in Europe to KKR.
- Visa on its strategic investment in global payments technology business Form3.
- HSBC Continental Europe on the proposed disposal of its French retail banking business.
- JD Sports on its proposed acquisition of Courir, a leading retailer in the European sports footwear industry.
- University of Oxford, MSc in Law and Finance (Distinction)
- University of Auckland, Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours)
- University of Auckland, Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Psychology)
- Admitted to the High Court of New Zealand as a barrister and solicitor
- Society for Computers and Law