About Bert Spijkervet
Bert is an experienced allround corporate lawyer and deputy civil law notary.
He has a broad and versatile experience in all aspects of corporate work, notably complex (multi-jurisdictional) corporate restructurings, equity offerings, corporate governance, public takeovers, private acquisitions and joint ventures.
As a deputy civil law notary he is perfectly skilled to advise clients on a broad spectrum of corporate law, both in an advisory and transactional context.
Bert speaks Dutch, English and German.
- Advised CNH Industrial N.V. on the spin-off and admission to listing on Euronext Milan of Iveco Group N.V.
- Advised Pepco Group N.V. on its initial public offering and admission to listing on the Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Advised Allfunds Group Plc on its initial public offering and admission to listing on Euronext Amsterdam
- Advised NN Group N.V., on its legal merger with Delta Lloyd N.V. to complete its €2.5bn public offer for Delta Lloyd
- Advised a number of clients on their IPO’s, including Digi Communications N.V. (Bucharest Stock Exchange), argenx SE (Brussels Stock Exchange and NASDAQ) and Noxxon Pharma N.V. (Euronext Growth)
- Advised several financial institutions on their cross-border integration transactions
- Advised CNH Industrial N.V. and affiliates on their redomiciliation, cross-border mergers and governance structure – Dutch company structure, dual listings on NYSE and Borsa Italiana and introduction of a loyalty voting structure, the first ever in the Netherlands
Bert has masters degrees in Dutch notarial law and Dutch tax law from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands with further studies at the Faculty of Law of Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada and Harvard University, US (summer school)