About Harald Spruit
Harald has a wide-ranging corporate practice covering transactional, advisory and contentious matters.
He regularly advises on domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and corporate governance.
Harald speaks Dutch, English and Italian.
- Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management on the acquisition of High Tech Campus Eindhoven (HTCE) from investor Marcel Boekhoorn
- Talpa Holding, on the proposed merger between Talpa Network and RTL Nederland, combining their broadcasting and affiliated media activities in the Netherlands
- Ardian, on the acquisition of Deli Home, a leading Dutch manufacturer and distributor of home improvement products
- Brookfield Asset Management, on the acquisition of a controlling stake in International Campus Group and the subsequent management buy-out of IC Netherlands
- DomusVi Group, in respect of its investment in Martha Flora Group, an operator of premium elderly nursing homes in the Netherlands
- Blackstone, on the sale of a portfolio of Center Parcs Europe holiday resorts to Aroundtown
- An international sovereign wealth fund, on the acquisition of a 25% stake in citizenM, the Netherlands based international hotel developer and operator
- Nordic Capital, on its investment in European Dental Group, a leading European dental care and service provider
- Host Hotels & Resorts (now Archer Capital) on the acquisition of Amsterdam Airport's Hilton Hotel from its developers Schiphol Real Estate
- JP Morgan, on the acquisition from the Dutch State of Propertize, the former real estate division of SNS Reaal, in a consortium with private equity firm Lone Star for a total consideration of € 3.2bn
- Talpa Holding, on the sale of Talpa Media, the entertainment show producer of worldwide hit format The Voice, to ITV for a total consideration up to €1.1bn
- McCain Foods, on the acquisitions of Van Geloven and Royaan, the frozen food producers behind iconic brands such as Mora, and Van Dobben and Kwekkeboom
- KfW, on its investment in Airbus Group, Europe's largest aerospace and defence company and on the changes in the company’s shareholding and governance structure
- ABN AMRO Bank, on the sale of its Swiss private banking business
- University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands (Grotius, Corporate Litigation)
- Utrecht University (Dutch civil law)
- University of Amsterdam (Business economics)
- University of Cambridge (Examination in law for European students)
- Advocaat in the Netherlands