About Claus Staringer
Claus specialises in corporate tax and tax litigation, helping make his clients’ transactions tax-efficient and, where necessary, defending their position in disputes.
Combining in-depth expertise with a real understanding of his clients’ businesses, he delivers thoughtful and technically gifted tax advice that is also to the point. He is trusted by his clients to take a considered approach to matters and to focus on how they can benefit in the long term.
Beyond his legal practice work, Claus is a professor for tax law at WU. He writes and speaks frequently on a variety of tax issues.
He speaks German and English
- Advising Porsche family shareholders on their investments in Porsche and Volkswagen.
- Advising Etihad Airways on building the BlueSky platform in the European leisure airline business.
- Advising RHI on its acquisition of Magnesita (Brazil).
- Advising Borealis in several international transfer pricing disputes.
- Advising ABB in a major European acquisition.
- Executive board member of the Austrian Branch of the International Fiscal Association (IFA) and represents Austria on IFA’s Permanent Scientific Committee
- Professor of tax law at WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Head of WU’s corporate tax group
- Mitchell B. Carroll Prize (IFA)
- Albert Hensel-Preis (Deutsche Steuerjuristische Gesellschaft)
- Gerhard Thoma-Preis (Deutsches Fachinstitut der Steuerberater)
- Rudolf Sallinger-Preis