About Magdalene Steup
Magdalene advises her clients on a broad range of corporate law matters with a particular focus on multijurisdictional internal investigations and corporate compliance.
Magdalene is also one of the key members of our Innovation team and has a keen interest in how artificial intelligence is changing the legal industry. From June 2018 until January 2020, she was seconded to our global Innovation team in London. Magdalene combines extensive experience in leading projects in the context of the firm's digital transformation strategy with a strong academic background in strategy and innovation.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Magdalene worked as Deputy Counsel at the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris and as a trainee in our dispute resolution department. She has also acted as secretary to arbitral tribunals.
Magdalene is fluent in German and English.
- Advising Volkswagen in relation to the worldwide defence (except for the US and Canada) against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides.
- Advising Audi on founding the global alliance 5GAA - 5G Automotive Association to develop, test and promote new communications solutions.
- Advising ADAC on its restructuring and the implementation of a new compliance organisation.
- Advising the Deutscher Fußball-Bund (the German Football Association) and conducting an internal investigation regarding the tender for and organisation of the 2006 Fifa World Cup in Germany.
- Advising a global financial institution and conducting an internal investigation to clarify the background and responsibility for potential accounting offences.
- University of Oxford, Saïd Business School (Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy and Innovation)
- University of St Gallen, Switzerland (Executive Master of European and International Business Law)
- International Max Planck Research School for Successful Dispute Resolution in International Law (Max Planck Institute Luxembourg/University of Heidelberg)
- Hague Academy of International Law, The Netherlands
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany (first state exam)
- King's College London, UK (Diploma in Legal Studies)
- University of Passau, Germany
- Admitted to the German bar (Rechtsanwältin)
- Qualified mediator for business disputes (Wirtschaftsmediatorin, Munich Center for Dispute Resolution)
- DIS40, Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (the German Institution of Arbitration)