About Harley Stewart
Harley is a Corporate and M&A associate in our Global Transactions team and is based in the UAE. He trained in London and Moscow before practicing in Dubai.
He advises corporate clients on a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, co-investments and joint ventures.
- *Uber on its acquisition of Careem for $3.1bn in cash and equity - the largest technology acquisition in the Middle East.
- *Abu Dhabi Financial Group LLC (ADFG) on its successful reverse listing/merger with SHUAA Capital PJSC (SHUAA), creating one of the largest financial services providers in the Middle East.
- *A luxury brands private equity house on their food and beverage venture in a flagship Emaar location.
- *A sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of three universities in the UAE.
- *A solar energy company on its proposed entry into the UAE to lease solar panels and sell-back electricity to the grid.
- *A listed UK engineering company on their establishment of branch offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and the transfer of employees’ process.
- *A Dubai-based investment company on its establishment of an SCA-regulated money market fund with account sweep mechanism.
- *A sovereign entity on its $350m investment as anchor investor into a Hong Kong based fund.
- *Genus on its acquisition of the rights to the genetic pool and intellectual property of genetics specialist Hermitage Genetics.
- *Baxter International on its acquisition of Claris Lifesciences Limited for $500m.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
Harley is Australian-qualified and holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Science (Genetics and Molecular Biology) from Monash University in Australia. Harley also holds an Advanced Certificate in Mediation and Dispute Resolution from Humboldt University in Berlin.