About Marie-Claire Strawbridge
Marie-Claire has considerable competition experience in the UK market and has helped to deliver some of the most complex and strategically important mandates for UK and international clients
Marie-Claire acts across a broad range of sectors on all aspects of EU and UK competition law for clients including Tesco, CVC and RWE.
She has a strong focus on retail and consumer markets clients as well as running the firm’s antitrust associate-led sector group focused on financial investors.
She has extensive experience in advising corporate clients, private equity houses and financial investors in relation to merger control aspects of global and UK transactions. She also advises on antitrust investigations, abuse of dominance and complex vertical agreements.
Marie-Claire has been recognised in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 editions of Who’s Who Legal: Competition – Future Leaders.
- Acting for Tesco in relation to its acquisition of Booker and as a third party in relation to the proposed merger of Asda and Sainsbury
- Acting for CVC in relation to its strategic investment into Premiership Rugby
- Acting for RWE in relation to the UK aspects of its proposed asset swap with E.ON, a transformational deal in the European energy sector
- Acting for Enterprise in relation to its proposed acquisition of SHB Holdings
- Acting for Starbucks in relation to its exclusive global licensing deal with Nestle for the rights to distribute Starbucks consumer packaged goods and food service products outside coffee shop
- Acting for Laird plc. in relation to its sale to Advent by wauy of public takeover
- Acting for a major international bank in relation to the global investigation by financial and antitrust regulators into potential foreign exchange (FOREX) rate manipulation and other related conduct;
- Acting for United Biscuits in relation to its sale to Ferrero of French and Belgian biscuit brands Delacre and Delichoc.
- University of Glasgow, UK (law and French)
- College of Europe, Belgium (masters in European legal studies)
- Nottingham Law School, UK (graduate diploma in law)
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course, with distinction)
- Solicitor, England and Wales and Ireland