About Elizabeth Suarez
Elizabeth is a senior associate in our antitrust, competition and trade practice, based in Washington, DC.
Elizabeth represents clients on a broad range of antitrust issues, including mergers and acquisitions, civil antitrust litigation, and corporate compliance programs. Prior to joining the Washington team, Elizabeth was an associate in the firm’s London office where her experience included EU and UK merger reviews and investigations.
While based in London, Elizabeth spent time on secondment to the London Stock Exchange Group plc where she focused on competition issues. Elizabeth also has been on secondment to the firm's Düsseldorf office.
Elizabeth is admitted in New York, the District of Columbia, and England and Wales.
- Advising AstraZeneca on its $39bn acquisition of Alexion.
- Advised the London Stock Exchange Group on the US and global merger control aspects of its $27bn deal to acquire Refinitiv.
- Advised EQT/Sivantos on their global joint venture with the hearing aid manufacturer Widex.
- Advised Johnson & Johnson on its $30bn acquisition of Swiss biotech company Actelion Pharmaceutical.
- Advised CK Hutchison on the European Commission’s investigation into its proposed acquisition of Telefonica UK.
- LLM, Georgetown University Law Center.
- JD, Washington College of Law, American University.
- BA, Colgate University.
- Solicitor, England & Wales.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York and the District of Columbia.