About Dmitry Surikov
Dmitry heads our dispute resolution practice.
He focuses on Russian and cross-border litigations, as well as international commercial and treaty arbitration and regulatory issues, in a wide range of sectors, including energy, metals and mining, the industrial sector, transport and logistics, banking, technology and the media.
Dmitry also advises leading Russian and international companies on M&A deals, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
He speaks Russian and English.
- Representing major global IT companies on regulatory, IP and litigation issues in Russia arising under the new legislation regulating their web-based business (including localisation, personal data, removal of information prohibited under Russian law, IP rights infringement and disputes with local parties).
- Representing a Russian technology company in a major SIAC arbitration commenced by a Singaporean supplier in respect of the manufacturing and supply of mobile phones, as well as in settlement negotiations regarding the dispute.
- Representing Inter RAO and its group companies in commercial arbitration before the SCC and investment arbitration before the ICSID in connection with Georgia’s breaches of its commitments in respect of electricity tariffs.
- Representing a major Russian developer in LCIA arbitration and parallel litigations in Cyprus and the US in connection with the construction of a Moscow skyscraper.
- Representing a subsidiary of the largest Russian infrastructure company in a high value ICAC arbitration arising from a major construction project in North Africa.
- Advising a major gas company in a dispute against its contractor arising from late performance of work, additional costs and extended periods of implementation of the Blue Stream project in Russia and Turkey.
- Advising an investment fund in a complex SIAC arbitration arising from multiple breaches of manufacturing and supply agreement of smartphones.
- Advising a client in an arbitration in Zurich, as well as parallel litigations in New York, Virginia and Moscow related to a dispute arising from breaches of a joint-venture agreement for construction of two power plants in the Moscow Region.
- Advising a subsidiary of a major telecoms company in a dispute related to 25 per cent of the stock in JSC Megafon which included several arbitrations and litigations in the UK, Russia, Sweden, the Netherlands and the British Virgin Islands.
- Representing a major global company in a Russian court dispute against a Russian bank over infringement of trademark rights.
- Representing a major global client in disputes against Russian counterparties over infringement of rights to the client’s proprietary computer software.
- Advising clients on IP licensing issues in the context of M&A transactions.
- Moscow State University Law School, Russia