About Dmitry Surikov
Dmitry heads our dispute resolution practice.
He focuses on Russian and cross-border litigations, as well as international commercial and treaty arbitration, in a wide range of sectors, including metals and mining, the industrial sector, transport and logistics, banking, technology and the media.
Dmitry also advises leading Russian and international companies on M&A deals, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
He speaks Russian and English.
- Advising a major gas company in a dispute against its contractor arising from late performance of work, additional costs and extended periods of implementation of the Blue Stream project in Russia and Turkey.
- Advising an investment fund in a complex SIAC arbitration arising from multiple breaches of manufacturing and supply agreement of smartphones.
- Advising a client in an arbitration in Zurich, as well as parallel litigations in New York, Virginia and Moscow related to a dispute arising from breaches of a joint-venture agreement for construction of two power plants in the Moscow Region.
- Advising a subsidiary of a major telecoms company in a dispute related to 25 per cent of the stock in JSC Megafon which included several arbitrations and litigations in the UK, Russia, Sweden, the Netherlands and the British Virgin Islands.
- Moscow State University Law School, Russia