About Jay Swain
Jay is a corporate associate in our Global Transactions practice.
He has been involved in public and private M&A, internal reorganisations and other corporate matters across various sectors. Jay's work often involves private equity sponsors or other global financial investors.
During his time at Freshfields, Jay has spent six months on secondment to CVC Capital Partners' in-house legal team when he was a trainee.
- Advising Blackstone and Sixth Street on the sale of Kensington Mortgages and related mortgage assets to Barclays Bank UK PLC. Barclays PLC's announcement can be found here.
- Advising Advent on Zentiva’s acquisition of Alvogen’s CEE business and on ICE’s acquisitions of New Zealand Pharmaceuticals and ABC Farmaceutici.
- Advising CPP Investments on investments in CeramTec, Dorna Sports Management and Gas Natural Fenosa's gas distribution business and the sale of its interest in Interparking.
- Advising CVC on investments in Rayner, Acronis, System C, Medivet, PRO14 Rugby, Six Nations Rugby, RiverStone Europe, GEMS Education and Ahlsell AB, and the sale of Etraveli.
- Advising PSP Investments on its investment in Havfram Wind.
- Advising GIC on its venture capital investments in Checkout.com.
- University of Oxford, UK (BA Jurisprudence)
- BPP Law School, UK (Legal Practice Course)
- Solicitor, England and Wales