About George Swan
George is a specialist insurance partner in our financial institutions sector group. He works with many of the best-known and most-respected companies throughout the insurance sector, and has extensive experience in advising clients on a variety of complex legal issues. These range from M&A transactions and business transfers (including up-to-date experience in the Lloyd’s market) to restructuring, regulatory and other advisory work.
In addition to his insurance focus, George also has wide experience advising clients in retail banking, asset management and other parts of the financial services sector. George was previously seconded to the M&A legal team of a major global banking and financial services provider and has also spent time on secondment to the firm’s Hong Kong and Tokyo offices during the course of his career with the firm.
- Advising JP Morgan on its acquisition of Nutmeg Saving and Investment
- Advising Tesco Bank on its buyout of the Tesco Underwriting joint venture from Ageas
- Advising Lloyd's of London on its Brexit restructuring and the transfer of its European business to Lloyd's Europe
- Advising Equitable Life Assurance Society on its scheme of arrangement and sale to Utmost Life and Pensions
- Advising Centerbridge on its acquisition of Canopius from Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc and on the subsequent acquisition by Canopius of Amtrust at Lloyd's and its strategic partnership with Samsung Fire & Marine
- Advising Compass Group PLC on its acquisition of Fazer Food Services
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2003)
- George attained his LLM and MA from Corpus Christi College, Cambridge.