About Emily Szasz
Emily is a senior associate in our London tax practice and acts for financial institutions, investment funds and corporate groups across a variety of business sectors.
Her work encompasses public and private M&A, joint ventures, IPOs, demergers and restructurings across a number of sectors, including financial institutions, energy and natural resources and consumer goods groups. She also regularly advises private equity and investment funds (including on their management incentivisation arrangements).
Emily also advises on tax disputes and litigation.
- Advising ABB on the sale of its power grids division to Hitachi.
- Advising Liberty Global on its disposal of its Germany and CEE cable business to Vodafone.
- Advising Reassure Group on its acquisition of the heritage insurance and pensions business of Quilter.
- Advising Compass Group PLC on its acquisition of Fazer Food Services.
- Advising GIC on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in Nordic Aviation Capital.
- Advising AB InBev on its merger with SABMiller and the various disposals required in relation to that merger.
- Advising Glencore on its dispute with HMRC in respect of diverted profits tax, including its judicial review challenge in the Court of Appeal.