About Tibor Szigetvári
Tibor specialises in all aspects of the digital workplace including data regulations, cyber security best practices, and employee data privacy.
Specifically, Tibor regularly advises clients on all legal aspects of data protection and data security with a strong focus on people analytics, cybercrime incidents as well as global internal investigations. His area of expertise includes employee representation issues with works councils as well as employment and privacy-law related aspects of workplace culture.
He also regularly provides expert advice on data privacy, cyber security and employment-related implications of global and domestic M&A-transactions, specifically in the financial industry, healthcare, life sciences and chemicals sector and has build up significant experience with FinTech businesses in particular.
Tibor is part of our Legaltech and innovation team.
He speaks German and English.
- Handling cyberattacks and data breach incidents at financial services providers, an e-commerce business, an automotive supplier and a company in the chemicals sector including notification procedures with data protection authorities globally
- Advising clients from various industries and sectors on international data transfers and related contractual framework required under the GDPR, specifically in an M&A context
- Advising US companies from different sectors in respect of data privacy and employment-related issues of employee monitoring and compliance systems when implemented in Germany/the EU
- Providing an automobile manufacturer with expert opinion regarding the implementation of a globally-used People Analytics plattform as well as related cross-border data processing activities
- Advising companies of the automotive sector regarding the implementation of HR-Compliance processes, specifically internal background checks on employees and executives
- Advising companies from different sectors on data privacy rights of employees, specifically access to personal data in proceedings before labour courts
- Providing employment and data privacy-related advice to various companies in context of internal investigations and disciplinary measures
Recent M&A experience
- COMPUGROUP MEDICAL on their acquisition of INSIGHT HEALTH, a leading health care data services specialist
- BEIERSDORF on its acquisition of CHANTECAILLE skin care brand
- LANXESS on its acquisition of French disinfectant specialist THESEO from the Avril Group
- LANXESS on its carve out and divestment of its organic leather chemicals business to TFL Ledertechnik GmbH
- LANXESS on its acquisition of the IFF Microbial Control business unit from International Flavors & Fragrances
- WARBURG PINCUS on its sale of INEXIO (a provider of high-speed Internet access services)
- EQT Infrastructure on its acquisition of MEINE RADIOLOGIE and BLIKK to form a leading radiology and radiotherapy provider in Germany
- GEELY on its investment in VOLOCOPTER
- University of Bonn, Germany (state exam)
- University of Tübingen (doctor of law)
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) with placements in Alicante
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- German Bar Association
- Juristische Gesellschaft Tübingen