About Dr. Oliver Talhoff
Oliver advises on matters of intellectual property law, in particular trademark law, copyright law and unfair competition law.
He is regularly involved in the judicial and extrajudicial enforcement of intellectual property rights and the protection of trade secrets. A focus of his work is in the area of digital business models, in particular in relation to IP law and expression law issues of platform liability and platform regulation. In the context of his out-of-court work, he deals with advice on all IP-relevant issues in connection with licensing and distribution agreements, marketing strategies (especially with regard to competition law claims, including in the area of "green claims") and M&A - transactions.
Languages: German and English.
- Advising leading social media companies regarding the EU Copyright Directive and its national implementations
- Advising and representing a leading social media platform concerning all claims asserted by German customers
- Advising and representing a major US provider of data solutions in a colour trademark dispute
- Advising and representing a leading producer of special machinery in relation to the infringement of trade and business secrets by former employees
- Advising an internationally active consumer goods manufacturer with regard to advertising measures in the ESG sector
- Advising and representing a leading international science company on various aspects of the protection and enforcement of its trademark and design rights portfolio
- Advising a leading German fashion company on its portfolio of trademark licensing and distribution agreements
- Assisting a leading supplier of medical devices with the international implementation of advertising measures and marketing claims.
- University of Düsseldorf (Doctor of Laws - Dr. iur.)
- Rechtsanwalt (Germany)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Düsseldorf Moot Association (Founding Member)
- Alumni of the German Academic Scholarship Foundation