About Dr. Tobias Timmann
Tobias specialises in contentious and non-contentious trademark work, unfair competition law and the protection of trade secrets.
Tobias is counsel in the Düsseldorf office, where he has been based since 2010. He is an experienced litigator and specialises in the enforcement, protection and commercialisation of IP rights and other intangible assets, such as trade secrets and know-how. Tobias regularly advises on trade secret, unfair competition and trademark disputes, product launches, strategic brand positioning, marketing campaigns, consumer protection issues, and legal challenges relating to digital change, online distribution, and new media. His non-contentious work includes advising on licensing, distribution, and R&D agreements as well as IP aspects of M&A transactions.
- Advising a globally leading social media platform in all civil proceedings against users in Germany
- Advising Volkswagen in relation to all unfair competition disputes and proceedings worldwide (except North America) evolving from the Diesel issue.
- Advising Worldwide Brands, an affiliated company of Japan Tobacco, with respect to its global licensing business relating to the 'camel active' brand.
- Advising the world leading manufacturer of track construction machines in a dispute against two former employees regarding the infringement of trade secrets.
- Advising Beiersdorf in acquiring the Coppertone sunscreen business from Bayer.
- University of Bayreuth, Germany (Doctor of laws - Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Member of the German Intellectual Property and Copyright Association (GRUR)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Lecturer for private law at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences in Düsseldorf