About Dr. Nikolaos Tsolakidis
Nikolaos specialises in domestic and international litigation and arbitration regarding all areas of general commercial law, including international investment disputes.
Before joining Freshfields, he worked with a leading law firm in the area of investment arbitration in Washington, D.C.
Nikolaos speaks German, English, and Greek.
- Representing investors against the Federal Republic of Germany in an ICSID arbitration under the Energy Charter Treaty regarding regulatory measures in the renewable energy sector.
- Representing a financial services provider in an ICSID arbitration under the Energy Charter Treaty against the Kingdom of Spain regarding regultory changes in the renewable energy sector.
- Acting as counsel for several clients in various ad hoc, ICC and DIS arbitrations relating to post-M&A disputes and claims in relation to long term supply agreements.
- Advising automobile manufacturers in several institutional arbitration proceedings in relation to distribution issues.
- Representing a German industry conglomerate on post-compliance follow-on damages claims.
- Acting as counsel for Volkswagen in its defence against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides.
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main, Germany (First State Exam and Dr. iur.)
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M., Fulbright Scholarship)
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt with an elective traineeship at the World Bank Group in Washington, D.C., USA
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany