About Rick van Aerssen
Rick is the firm’s managing partner.
Prior to taking on the role, Rick was head of Freshfields’ global transactions practice. He focuses on capital markets and M&A transactions for listed companies and financial institutions.
Rick speaks German and English.
- Advising Midea on its acquisition of Kuka. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its proposed merger with Deutsche Börse.
- Advising Vonovia on the proposed takeover of Deutsche Wohnen.
- Advising Gagfah on the business combination with Deutsche Annington.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the disposal of BHF Bank and the acquisition of Sal. Oppenheim, a private bank.
- University of Heidelberg, Germany (law and economics; assistant to Professor Peter Hommelhoff)
- Northwestern University in Chicago, US (LLM)