About Bob van Kasteren
Bob specialises in international tax advice, in particular in the area of mergers and acquisitions, (structured) finance transactions and cross-border investments.
He furthermore advises clients on recent international tax developments such as state aid risks and (proposed) digital tax legislation. He speaks Dutch and English.
- Advising E.ON (including its Dutch subsidiary Essent) on the disposal of its Dutch mid-market power and gas B2B business to Eneco, a Netherlands-based energy company owned by Mitsubishi and Chubu Electric Power.
- Advising Marubeni Corporation on its proposed staged acquisition of 100% of the shares in Euroma Holding B.V. from a consortium of sellers, including its former CEO, Netherlands-based private equity firm Parcom and a number of smaller selling shareholders. Euroma is a Netherlands-based global leader in the origination, blending, grinding, packaging and distribution of spices and spice-based solutions.
- Advising Talpa Network on the proposed merger with RTL Nederland of their respective broadcasting and affiliated media businesses in the Netherlands.
- Advising Ardian on the acquisition of Deli Home, a leading Dutch made-to-measure manufacturer and distributor of high quality timber-based home improvement products such as doors, storage and floors.
- Advising NN Group, a leading Netherlands-based insurer, on the acquisition of VIVAT's non-life insurance business.
- Advising APG, which formed a consortium together with the National Pension Service of the Republic of Korea and Swiss Life Asset Managers (together the “Consortium”) on the acquisition by the Consortium of an 81.1% interest in Brisa – Auto-Estradas de Portugal, S.A. (“Brisa”), the European toll road concessionaire, from José de Mello - Investimentos, SGPS, S.A. and Arcus European Infrastructure Fund 1 LP, managed by Arcus European Investment Manager LLP (the “Transaction”).
- Advising Talpa Holding, the media investment vehicle of entrepreneur John de Mol, on the sale of Talpa Media, the entertainment show producer behind worldwide hit formats, including The Voice, to ITV for €1.1bn.
- Advising Royal Boskalis Westminster on the acquisition of certain maritime and offshore wind energy-related activities from Koninklijke Volker Wessels Stevin.
- Advising EQT Infrastructure on the sale of Koole Terminals, a Netherlands-based tank terminal operator, to institutional investors advised by JP Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets.
- Advising Enexis Holding on the swap of its gas and electra network in the province of Friesland and the Noordoostpolder with Alliander's gas and electra network in the province of Noord Brabant held by Endinet.
- Advising Credit Suisse on the sale of Prime Fund Services, a provider of fund administration, custody and banking solutions for alternative investment managers, to BNP Paribas Securities Services.
- Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands (LLM in tax law; MSc in financial economics)
- Teaches the LLM programme at the International Tax Centre of Leiden University