About Koen Vanlaer
Koen Vanlaer is a counsel in our Brussels office and a member of the global transactions team, focusing on corporate finance work.
Koen has extensive experience in advising borrowers and lenders in a variety of finance transactions, including acquisition and leveraged finance, project finance, multi-jurisdictional syndicated lending transactions, asset based finance and debt restructuring.
He is listed as a rising star in IFLR1000 (2018).
Prior to joining Freshfields, Koen worked at another international law firm.
Koen speaks Dutch and English.
- Advising BNP Paribas Fortis and the other lenders in the framework of the EUR 990,000,000 bridge financing for the acquisition by Elia System Operator of 20% of the shares in Eurogrid International (the holding company of 50 Hertz Transmission) and the refinancing of that bridge financing by way of a EUR 700,000,000 hybrid bond issue and a EUR 300,000,000 senior bond issue.
- Advising Greenyard on the finance aspects of its restructuring.
- Advising SnowWorld and its main shareholder Alychlo on the financing of SnowWorld.
- Advising the lenders in connection with the financing in the framework of the recapitisation of the Agilitas group.
- Advising the lenders (ING Belgium, KBC Bank and Belfius Bank) in relation to the EUR 65,250,000 and USD 15,000,000 refinancing and recap of the Premium Sound Solutions (PSS) group, which is a group in the portfolio of VE Partners.
- University of Leuven, Belgium (law)
- University College London, UK (LLM)
- Brussels Bar (advocaat/avocat)