About Sigrid Ververken
Sigrid is Counsel in the Brussels office of the firm and a member of the global transactions team.
Sigrid Ververken advises Belgian and international corporate clients on capital markets transactions and cross-border and domestic, private and public M&A, joint ventures and other corporate transactions. She provides the full spectrum of corporate law advice, including financial law, market abuse, corporate governance and company law, and her expertise spans a wide range of sectors.
- Advising the issuer or the underwriters in the context of the IPO, secondary offering, capital increase or private placement of many Belgian biotech and other innovative HC companies, such as Biotalys, argenx, Biocartis and Mithra Pharmaceuticals.
- Advising many Belgian listed companies on key financial law, corporate governance and market abuse matters and developments, including new ESG legislation and activism approaches.
- Advising Telenet on key corporate matters and M&A transactions, including its acquisition a 49% stake in the Caviar group, its joint venture with S30 and the Streamz joint venture with DPG Media.
- Advising Greenyard group and its subsidiaries on several financings and capital markets transactions, including its recent PIPE capital raise and the reverse IPO of Univeg, its capital increase as a result of the partial demerger of FieldLink NV and the contribution in kind of Peatinvest NV, with listing of the shares on Euronext Brussels and subsequent private placement by GIMV and Deprez Holding.
- Advising Thermo Fisher on its acquisition of PharmaFluidics, the developer of the μPAC range of micro-chip-based chromatography columns.
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (law)
- Harvard Law School, US (LLM)
- Brussels Bar