About Dr. Johannes Vogel
Johannes focuses on asset-finance transactions, aviation, and restructuring and insolvency.
He has broad range of finance experience, with a particular focus on cross-border asset finance and leasing structures as well as transactions in the aviation industry. In addition, Johannes has a specific focus on questions arising in the context of insolvencies of financial institutions in Germany, and on the structuring and international insolvency law aspects in the analysis and structuring of structured finance transactions involving financial institutions.
Johannes speaks English and German.
- Advising an aviation asset secured lender consortium in the financial restructuring of Virgin Atlantic
- Advising Malaysia Airlines on its global financial restructuring, in particular on the restructuring of its aircraft lease agreements
- Advising a Swiss corporate on the acquisition of a European airline catering business
- Advising a German independent investment manager on a series of debt-financed aircraft sale and lease-back transactions with airlines around the globe
- Advising a German airline on a variety of aviation-related financing transactions, such as portfolio refinancings, leasing and sub-leasing transactions, and lessor novations
- Advising a German leasing company on state-subsidised financings of train sets for regional railway operations through leasing and forfaiting constructs
- Advising a German railway undertaking on a bespoke sale and leaseback transaction for used locomotives
- Advising an Irish aircraft lessor on the negotiations with a Chinese airline of sale and leaseback transactions for five Boeing Dreamliners
- Advising a major German fund initiator on an ongoing basis on the unwinding of closed-ended funds
- University of Bayreuth, Germany (Rechtswissenschaften, law; Wirtschaftsjurist; additional diploma of economics)
- University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany