About Dr. Arend von Riegen
Arend focuses on high-profile and complex acquisitions and disposals, including public takeovers, carve-outs, take privates and exits for financial sponsors and other international investors.
Over the last 20 years, Arend has advised on more than 100 completed M&A transactions with an aggregate value in excess of €100bn. These include a large number of high-profile and, in some cases, award-winning transactions for clients across a wide range of industries and in many countries. He works with many of the firm's financial investor clients and his know-how includes in-depth experience in all aspects of private equity transactions.
He is known for advising clients on international transactions in a commercial, result-oriented and efficient manner.
Arend speaks German and English.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on (i) the public takeover offer for zooplus, the team-up with EQT and the subsequent delisting offer; (ii) on the acquisition of the digital marketplace AutoScout24 and Finanzcheck from Frankfurt-listed Scout24 AG, and (iii) on the sale of Finanzcheck by AutoScout24 to smava.
- Advising Francisco Partners on the acquisition of a majority of the shares in Native Instruments Holding GmbH, the Berlin-based global leader in digital music creation software and hardware.
- Advising investors on sale of flaschenpost to Oetker Group.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman and Blackstone on public tender offer for Scout24.
- Advising Blackstone on the acquisition of Schenck Process.
- Advising TPG on its investment in Transporeon and the exit by way of a sale to Hg.
- Advising Bridgepoint on the sale AHT Cooling Systems to Daikin.
- Advising Nordic Capital on the formation of a leading European dental clinic group (acquisition of dental chains in the Netherlands, Switzerland and Germany).
- Advising Midea on its public takeover of Kuka. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its proposed merger with Deutsche Börse.
- Advising One Equity Partners on its sale of Austrian Constantia Flexibles Group to French investment group Wendel.
- Advising Celesio on its business combination with McKesson.
- Advising Permira on the takeover of Valentino and Hugo Boss and subsequent exit by way of a number of block trade transactions.
- University of Hamburg, Germany (law and economics)
- SoFFin, the German bank bailout fund, on stabilisation measures for various German banks, such as the stabilisation and takeover of Hypo Real Estate.
- Permira on its public takeovers of Valentino and Hugo Boss.
- UniCredito Italiano on its business combination with HypoVereinsbank.