About Alan Wang
Alan is a partner in our Global Transactions group. He is based in our Shanghai and Beijing offices.
Alan has over 20 years of experience advising on cross-border M&A, joint venture, private equity and corporate restructuring in China.
Alan is known for delivering ground-breaking FDI transactions for multinational clients across industrials, consumer, healthcare, energy, TMT and financial sectors.
Alan is also the go-to advisor for China outbound transactions, having led on some of the largest, most complex and high-profile transactions, particularly in Europe and “Belt & Road” countries.
Alan speaks Mandarin and English.
- Advising Volkswagen on various strategic projects in China, including (1) its €2.4bn investment in, and the formation of a joint venture with, Horizon Robotics in China and (2) its €1bn investment in China’s Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Holdings, parent company for the A share listed JAC Motors, and JAC Volkswagen Automotive.
- Advising Carnival Corporation on its joint venture and cooperation with China State Shipbuilding Corporation.
- Advising Allianz on various strategic projects in China, including the establishment and commencement of operations of China’s first fully foreign-owned insurance holding company.
- Advising AB Inbev / Budweiser Brewing Company APAC on a number of critical M&A transactions in the Chinese brewery sector.
- Advising an international automotive company on its minority investment in a new energy vehicle company in China.
- Advising China Merchants Capital and a Chinese state-owned investor on their participation in the BlackRock-led US$15.5bn consortium investment in Aramco Gas Pipelines Company.
- Advising Midea on its US$5bn public takeover of Kuka AG.
- Advising a consortium of Chinese investors on its €1.4bn acquisition of Urbaser, a leading Spanish waste management group.
- Advising Orient Hontai Capital on its €1bn acquisition of a controlling stake in Imagina, a Spanish sports media group.
- Advising a leading Chinese EV battery manufacturer on its various investments, M&A and collaboration projects in Southeast Asia, including the acquisition of a minority stake in an Indonesian metal and mineral mining holding company listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
- Advising Shenzhen Mindray on its acquisition of Hytest Invest Oy headquartered in Finland from Summa Capital.
- The Australian National University (bachelor degrees with honours in both law and economics)
- Harvard Law School (LLM)
- The State of New York
- The State of New South Wales