About Richard Wang
Richard advises on capital markets and M&A transactions, including initial public offerings, rights issues and other secondary offerings, as well as compliance-related matters.
He is a native Mandarin speaker, and also speaks fluent English and Cantonese.
- Advising on the listings of the following companies on the Hong Kong stock exchange:
- 2023: YSB Inc.;
- 2022: CTG Duty-Free, Giant Biogene, Noah Holdings;
- 2021: Cloud Village;
- 2020: Nongfu Spring, ZTO Express, Yum China, Huazhu Group, Evergrande Property Management;
- 2019: China Feihe, Changsha Broad Homes Industrial Group;
- 2018: China Tower, Ganfeng Lithium, Huifu Payment, Natural Food;
- 2017: Hebei Construction, Inner Mongolia Energy Engineering;
- 2016: China Merchants Securities, China Resources Pharmaceutical Group, China Zheshang Bank, Rici Healthcare;
- 2015: China Energy Engineering Corporation, China International Capital Corporation, YiChang HEC ChangJiang Pharmaceutical, Yunnan Water Investment;
- 2014: CITIC Pacific, Dalian Wanda Commercial Properties, Qingdao Port, Xiabuxiabu Catering Management;
- 2013: Bank of Chongqing, China Everbright Bank, YuanShengTai Dairy Farm;
- 2012: Inner Mongolia Yitai Coal;
- 2011: Beijing Jingneng Clean Energy, CITIC Securities, Huaneng Renewables, New China Life Insurance;
- 2010: Greatview Aseptic Packaging, Zhongsheng Group; and
- 2009: China Longyuan Power, Evergrande Real Estate, Yingde Gases.
- Advising on the follow-on offerings of:
- 2023: China Zheshang Bank;
- 2019: Yichang HEC Convertible Bonds;
- 2018: Shanghai Pharma, China Zheshang Bank; China Everbright International;
- 2017: China Everbright Bank, Beijing Jingneng Clean Energy, Qingdao Port, Zhongsheng Group, YiChang HEC ChangJiang Pharmaceutical;
- 2015: CITIC Securities;
- 2014: China Oilfield Services Limited, People's Insurance Company of China;
- 2013: China Merchants Bank, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, People's Insurance Company of China;
- 2012: People's Insurance Company of China;
- 2011: China CITIC Bank Corporation;
- 2010: Bank of Communications, China Merchants Bank; and
- 2009: China Resources Power, PetroChina.
- Advising Sunwoda Electronic’s US$440m GDR offering and listing on SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Advising CITIC Pacific on its $36.5bn acquisition of assets from China-based CITIC Group and its subsequent $6.8bn share placing to 15 institutional investors.
- Advising CITIC on US$10bn strategic investments from Charoen Pokphand Group and ITOCHU Corporation.
- Advising two China Shipping Group entities on a number of simultaneous asset acquisitions, disposals and a subsequent restructure as the group undergoes a broader restructure involving China Ocean Shipping Group.
- Licensed to practise as a solicitor in Hong Kong and New South Wales, Australia