About Elisabeth Maria Weber
Elisabeth represents clients in complex commercial as well as financial disputes. She has extensive experience resolving high-profile and multijurisdictional disputes across a broad range of industries.
Elisabeth's practice focuses on representing national and international clients in both domestic and multijurisdictional disputes. Having handled various complex litigation mandates enables her to deliver effective solutions for clients on litigation strategies.
She has also built a significant track record in advising on large-scale international and national mass claims, and has gained vast experience in handling the strategic and technical challenges of mass claim litigation cases.
Elisabeth speaks German and English.
- Acting for Volkswagen in its worldwide defence (except for the US and Canada) against customer claims arising from the gobal recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides.
- Defending a UK life insurer in one of the largest mass claims of policyholders in Germany.
- Advising a payments service provider with regards to their mass litigation defence strategy.
- Defending a major international bank in litigation proceedings relating to complex swap transactions.
- Acting for banks in litigation proceedings arising in connection with the issuance of hybrid capital instruments.
- Acting for a chemical company in post-M&A litigation proceedings.
- Advising vehicle manufacturers in respect of distribution and trade law.
- University of Konstanz, Germany
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (LLM)
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at Frankfurt Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht), including time in Freshfields’ Frankfurt office
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany