About Marius Weyers
Marius is a principal associate in our global transactions team and a member of the firm’s Africa group.
Marius's work is focused on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and private equity transactions. He regularly advises on transactions that involve teams across various jurisdictions and different areas of specialisation, including in particular M&A transactions related to infrastructure, energy and related investments.
He is fluent in English and Afrikaans and has a working understanding of Dutch.
- Advising CPPIB on on its long-term investment partnership with Power2X, a developer of large-scale new energy assets and infrastructure focusing on decarbonising industrial value chains and hydrogen related projects.
- Advising HAL Investments B.V. in relation to its participation in the restructuring and acquisition of Royal IHC B.V and the proposed subsequent sale of a stake in Royal IHC B.V. to Ackermans & van Haaren and MerweOord.
- Advising The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. on its acquisition of NN Investment Partners from NN Group N.V. for approximately €1.6 billion.
- Advising E.On (including its Dutch subsidiary Essent) on the disposal of its Dutch mid-market power and gas B2B business to Eneco.
- Advising Cargill on (i) the sale of its global malt business, including 15 facilities across four continents, to Axéréal’s malt subsidiary, Boortmalt and (ii) the disposal of its 50% interest in Alvean, a global leader in the sugar trading industry, to its Brazilian joint venture partner Copersucar.
- Advising PGGM, the Dutch pension operator and asset manager, on a joint venture with American Tower Corporation that focuses on telecommunications real estate investment opportunities in certain European countries, including Germany and Spain.
- Advised CVC Strategic Opportunities on its €362.5m acquisition of a 50% stake in DFE Pharma, a leading global excipients manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Advising Barloworld, the South Africa-based provider of integrated rental services, fleet management, product support and logistics solutions, on the creation of a 50/50 joint venture with BayWa, which holds and operates Barloworld’s former agriculture and materials handling operations in southern Africa.
- University of Cape Town (LLM with distinction)
- Nelson Mandela University (LLB cum laude)