About Alexander Wilbraham
Alex has extensive experience in arbitrations relating to Latin America, having advised on disputes concerning energy, telecommunications, insurance, banking and international trade. His recent experience includes acting as counsel in an ICC arbitration concerning one of the largest corporate disputes in Brazilian history.
Alex spent three years in our Paris office before joining the US international arbitration group. He is licensed as a special legal consultant in the District of Columbia and is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales. He has also been appointed by the ICC to act as sole arbitrator.
He speaks English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, German and Italian.
- Representing a global engineering company in an ICC arbitration against Venezuela’s national oil company, PDVSA concerning the termination of contracts for the operation of water injection platforms and counterclaims relating to maintenance of platforms. The dispute was successfully settled.
- Representing a Chilean conglomerate in a post M&A dispute involving the sale of wire and cable businesses in four Latin American countries.
- Representing a Brazilian client in a dispute arising out of delays in the construction of coal fired plants in Brazil. The dispute was settled.
- Advising a Brazilian client in a dispute concerning oil rig hire.
- Advising oil and gas companies and other investors in relation to investment treaty disputes with Bolivia, Venezuela, Ecuador and Colombia.
- CPE and LLC, College of Law, London 1996.
- BA, with honors, Manchester University, Manchester 1987.