About Jochen Wilkens
Jochen is a member of the firm's global transactions group and practices primarily in the area of restructuring and insolvency.
Jochen is an expert in the field of diverse and complex financing structures in different industries. His focus lies on corporate and real estate related restructurings. He advises all relevant stakeholders such as financial institutions, private equity investors, distressed entities, new investors and special servicers.
Jochen speaks German and English.
- Advising Takata on various finance related aspects of its worldwide restructuring.
- Advising Air Berlin and NIKI Luftfahrt in the bidding process with regard to the assets of the Air Berlin group and the subsequent sale of different parts of the group.
- Advising a German fintech bank on the wind-down of the UK-based originator and servicer of a portfolio of subprime receivables.
- Advising IVG Immobilien AG on its financial restructuring by way of an insolvency plan, arguably the biggest insolvency plan in Germany by value.
- Advising a market-leading shipmanager on its acquisition of a large German shipping company in the context of its financial crisis.
- Advising H.C. Starck group with regard to the restructuring and extension of its financing (first lien, second lien and mezzanine loans).
- University of Cologne, Germany (Law)
- Boston University (Master of Law, Banking and Financial Law)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Member of the German Chapter of Turnaround Management Association (TMA)