About Alexey Yadykin
Alexey specialises in arbitration, court regulatory issues and internal investigations, in a wide range of sectors, including energy, metals and mining, transport and logistics, banking, technology and the media.
He participated in the development of Russia’s new arbitration legislation adopted in 2015 and published extensively on arbitration issues.
Alexey speaks Russian and English.
- Representing major global IT companies on regulatory, IP and litigation issues in Russia arising under the new legislation regulating their web-based business (including localisation, personal data, removal of information prohibited under Russian law, IP rights infringement and disputes with local parties).
- Representing a Russian technology company in a major SIAC arbitration commenced by a Singaporean supplier in respect of the manufacturing and supply of mobile phones, as well as in settlement negotiations regarding the dispute.
- Representing Inter RAO and its group companies in commercial arbitration before the SCC and investment arbitration before the ICSID in connection with Georgia’s breaches of its commitments in respect of electricity tariffs.
- Representing a major Russian developer in LCIA arbitration and parallel litigations in Cyprus and the US in connection with the construction of a Moscow skyscraper.
- Representing a subsidiary of the largest Russian infrastructure company in a high value ICAC arbitration arising from a major construction project in North Africa.
- Representing a major Russian state-owned oil and gas company in a dispute (potentially worth billions of US dollars) with a major Asian purchaser of crude oil under a long-term oil-supply contract and in the settlement of the dispute.
- Representing a leading Russian bank in a major post-M&A ICC arbitration.
- Representing a major international consulting firm as respondent in a high value litigation before a Russian court relating to investment of the firm’s client in a troubled Russian bank.
- Advising a client during a multijurisdictional commercial dispute involving an ICC arbitration under a shareholders’ agreement and parallel court proceedings in multiple jurisdictions.
- Representing a client in a multijurisdictional dispute involving proceedings before the Russian, Cypriot and other courts in connection with debt recovery and compensation for damages caused by fraud.
- Moscow State Law University (MGYuA), Russia (honours degree)
Participated in the working group of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation for the development of new arbitration law.
Head of Russia Chapter, International Law Section of the New York State Bar Association.