About Megan Yeates
Megan is an associate in our antirust, competition and trade group based in Silicon Valley.
Megan is dual qualified in England & Wales and California. She advises on a wide range of antitrust matters including complex cross-border mergers, foreign investment with particular expertise navigating the new UK National Security & Investment Act, behavioural matters including investigations and compliance.
Megan started her career in the Freshfields London office and has spent time on secondment at the firm’s New York office.
She speaks English, French and Spanish.
- A multinational pharmaceutical corporation on a number of confidential transactions, including its acquisition of GSK’s multi-national anti-infectives business.
- Amadeus in its successful defence in the European Commission's multi-year antitrust investigation into parity clauses, resulting in closure of the case without finding of an infringement.
- Altor Fund V and SMS Group on the acquisition of a 50% stake in KAEFER Isoliertechnik SE & Co. KG.
- Partners Group on its acquisition of North Star.
- Volkswagen on its takeover of Europcar.
- Sitel on its $2.2bn acquisition of Sykes Enterprises.
- John Laing on its $2.8bn takeover by John Laing.
- A private banking company on its acquisition of a stake in Hensoldt AG.
- A chemicals company on the sale of its organic leather chemicals business, cleared unconditionally at Phase 1 in front of the CMA.
- Tesco on the successful $10bn disposal of its Thai and Malaysian businesses.
- Hastings plc on its £1.66bn takeover by Sampo Group and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings Limited.
- New Mountain Capital on its acquisition of Syntor Fine Chemicals.
- Heathrow as a third party in NERL’s appeal to the CMA in relation to NERL’s price control and in the water redeterminations in front of the CMA.
- Cengage on its proposed merger with McGraw-Hill.
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course)
- University College London (LLB)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Admitted to practice in California