About Tamara Young
Tamara advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions. She specialises in UK public M&A and recently spent two years on secondment to the UK Takeover Panel, acting as a senior regulator for UK public M&A transactions.
Tamara advises clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and corporate restructurings, as well as general corporate and listed company matters. She acts for corporate, private capital and investment banking clients across a range of sectors.
From 2021 to 2023, Tamara was seconded to the UK Takeover Panel where she acted as a senior regulator for transactions governed by the City Code. She was the senior case officer on many of the highest profile UK public M&A transactions during that time, including EQT and Luxinva's offer for Dechra Pharmaceuticals, Schneider Electric's offer for AVEVA Group and the competing offers for Stagecoach Group by DWS Infrastructure and National Express. She participated in all material case and policy decisions taken by the Panel Executive and led a consultation process regarding important amendments to the City Code.
In 2019, Tamara was featured in Legal Week's "40 under 40: The Rising Stars in Private Equity". In 2018, she was seconded to Goldman Sachs, advising its EMEA Merchant Banking Division.
- Advising UDG Healthcare on the recommended £2.7 billion cash offer by Clayton, Dubilier and Rice.
- Advising Allied Universal on its recommended £3.8 billion cash offer for G4S.
- Advising AA plc on the recommended £219 million cash offer by TowerBrook Capital Partners and Warburg Pincus.
- Advising Hastings Group on the recommended £1.7 billion cash offer by a consortium comprising Sampo plc and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings Limited.
- Advising a consortium comprising APG Asset Management N.V., the National Pension Service of the Republic of Korea and Swiss Life Asset Managers on the acquisition of a majority interest in Brisa, the European toll road concessionaire.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on its acquisition of a minority equity stake in Action, Europe’s leading non-food discount retailer.
- Advising Nets, majority owned by Hellman & Friedman, on its €2.85bn disposal of the majority of its Corporate Services businesses.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its $1,365m acquisition of Ontic, a leading provider of OEM-licensed parts for legacy aerospace platforms.
- Advising Allfunds Bank, a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman and GIC, on its agreement to acquire Credit Suisse’s open architecture investment fund activities, Credit Suisse InvestLab.
- Advising RELX Group on the simplification of its corporate structure into a single parent company through a cross-border merger.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its €1.75bn acquisition of TMF Group.
- Advising Montagu on its take-private of London listed Servelec Group.
- Advising Henderson Group on its recommended all-share cross-border merger with Janus Capital to form Janus Henderson Investors.
- Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge, UK (Law)
- Solicitor, England and Wales