About Nabeel Yousef
Nabeel is a partner in the Washington, DC office, where he leads our US sanctions and export controls practice. Nabeel focuses on civil and criminal cross-border compliance, internal investigations, and enforcement issues related to economic sanctions, export controls, and trade.
Nabeel engages with government regulators on behalf of his clients across a range of industry sectors. He represents clients on sanctions administered by OFAC; export controls in the EAR and the ITAR; the FCPA; US antiboycott regulations; US customs law and import rules; and other civil and criminal statutes and regulations. Nabeel also advises clients on sanctions, export control, and anticorruption issues in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, credit facilities, and capital markets transactions.
Nabeel helps clients navigate their most significant issues, including those related to Iran, Cuba, Russia, Venezuela, Chinese telecom and technology, and terrorist organizations.
He also speaks Arabic.
- Advising a major international financial institution on compliance with Iran sanctions related to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), including obtaining guidance from the US Treasury and State Departments.
- Conducting an internal investigation and preparing a voluntary disclosure for a major international manufacturer relating to violations of US sanctions on Syria.
- Advising several major multinational corporations in the manufacturing, transportation, energy, financial, hospitality and entertainment sectors relating to the application of US sanctions, particularly those that concern Cuba, Iran, Russia and Syria.
- Counseling a major international aerospace company on regulatory compliance and conducting over a dozen global internal investigations that resulted in voluntary disclosures with respect to exports of goods and technologies controlled under the ITAR and EAR.
- Assisting a major US-based technology company on global compliance audits, regulatory counseling and internal investigations relating to exports of goods and technologies controlled under the ITAR and EAR.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, editor-in-chief of the Journal of Constitutional Law.
- BS, magna cum laude, Georgetown University.
Global Investigations Review 40 Under 40 top investigations specialist (2020)