About Zheng (Jonathan) Zhou
Zheng (Jonathan) is counsel in our corporate and M&A practice in New York. His practice focuses on complex domestic and cross-border M&A and other corporate and financial transactions.
Jonathan has led numerous M&A projects, including acquisitions and sales of private companies for purchase prices ranging from billions of dollars to amounts below the HSR threshold, high profile sales and acquisitions of publicly traded companies, investments by private equity and sovereign wealth funds, carve-out divestitures by publicly traded companies, and joint ventures and other strategic partnerships.
Jonathan’s recent experience includes advising:
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise in its pending $925 million acquisition of Silver Peak.
- Agilent Technologies in its $1.17 billion acquisition of BioTek Instruments and its acquisition of ACEA Biosciences.
- Google in numerous acquisitions, including its $2.6 billion acquisition of Looker Data Sciences, and acquisitions of Like.com, ITA Software, Skybox and DeepMind Technologies.
- Lowe’s Companies in its acquisition of Boomerang Commerce’s retail analytics platform.
- China International Capital Corporation’s acquisition of KraneShares.
- Keysight Technologies in its $1.6 billion acquisition of Ixia.
- ABB Ltd. in its $1 bllion acquisition of Power-One.
- A buyer consortium in its $1.9 billion acquisition of OmniVision Technologies.
- Open Text Corporation in its acquisition of Guidance Software.
- Henry Schein in its spinoff of the animal health business.
- Temasek Holdings in its acquisition of Syngia and investment in Ant Financial.
- China Investment Corporation in its investment in AES Corporation and subsequent exit and a number of co-investments in the US and Canada.
- TPG in various transactions in the US and China, including its investment in Uber.
- Warburg Pincus in its acquisition of Gabriel Brothers.
- Yinyi Group in its acquisition of ARC Automotive.
- Baidu in its acquisition of an internet company based in Brazil.
- Beijing Miteno Communications Technologies in its acquisition of Media.net.
- China Life Insurance Company in its acquisition of all of the shares held by Citigroup Inc. and IBM in Guangdong Development Bank.
- Several joint ventures and strategic partnerships in the fintech, mining, financial services and healthcare sectors.
Jonathan received his J.D., cum laude, order of the coif, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was an editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review. He received two graduate degrees from Duke University and his B.S. from Fudan University in Shanghai. Jonathan is fluent in English and Mandarin. He is admitted to the bar in the state of New York.