About Juliane Ziebarth
Juliane advises clients on all aspects of German and European competition law with a special focus on merger control and antitrust litigation. Her practice also covers antitrust compliance advice including distribution law matters.
In the merger control area, she has represented clients in (phase 1 and 2) merger control proceedings both before the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission, including cases involving commitments. In the litigation area, Juliane’s practice covers follow-on damages litigation as well as antitrust law-related aspects of patent litigation. Juliane is a member of the steering committee of the firm’s Global Antitrust Litigation Group (GALG), which serves to coordinate both multi-jurisdictional investigations and accompanying civil litigation worldwide as well as providing an internal forum for sharing knowledge and experience.
Juliane was seconded to the firm’s London office during 2011. She speaks English and German.
- Securing the binding dismissal of Cartel Damage Claims (CDC)’s action against producers of cement by the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf in 2015.
- Representing Ericsson as an intervener before the District Court of Düsseldorf regarding the competition law aspects of a patent infringement suit.
- Advising German ATM producer Wincor Nixdorf on the public takeover by US rival Diebold.
- Guiding Chiquita through conditional clearance from the European Commission for its proposed merger with Fyffes.
- Advising Air Berlin on various merger control matters.
- University of Passau, Germany, and King’s College London, UK (Law)
- London School of Economics and Political Science, UK (LL.M.)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany