Event occurred on: 06-03-2021
23rd Foreign Corrupt Practices Act New York Conference
Freshfields Partner Adam Siegel will be speaking at the 23rd annual ACI FCPA New York Conference on June 3, 2021.
The upcoming conference will continue its longstanding track record of gathering key stakeholders together-senior government officials, industry executives and leading private practitioners to discuss the latest in anti-corruption.
Adam will be speaking on the panel, “Multi-Jurisdictional Enforcement and Disclosures: Unwritten Takeaways on Risk Mitigation and Investigations – and What to Flag Now", which will impart invaluable takeaways for self-disclosures, investigations and cross-border investigations. Key topics will include:
- Navigating the web of local and multinational laws that can govern the conduct of an investigation
- Determining whether or not to self-disclose – and to which agencies
- Coordinating disclosures to multiple agencies
- Protecting attorney-client privilege and avoiding inadvertent waivers
- Utilizing technology to investigate more efficiently and effectively, including spotting issues early – and conducting virtual interviews vs. in-person ones