Event occurred on: 9-20-2022
GIR Live: New York 2022
Time: 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM ET
Please join Freshfields at GIR Live: New York 2022.
Share this event with your colleagues and connections on social media.
This annual conference is hosted by Global Investigations Review and brings together practitioners from across North America including investigators, private practice lawyers, funders, expert witnesses, senior general counsel and more, to debate and analyze the latest major developments in investigations.
Freshfields Partner Adam Siegel will be speaking on the panel, “Negotiating complex multijurisdictional large settlement resolutions,” where he will discuss recent announcements from the DOJ and SEC regarding major cross-border settlements imposing large fines and corporate monitors, as well as:
- What considerations do lawyers and clients need to weigh to reach a resolution?
- What impact are the new policy pronouncements having on corporate resolutions?
- How should counsel consider jurisdictional differences in standard of proof, legal elements of a charge, and respondeat superior when negotiating a resolution?
- Are corporate guilty pleas the new norm?
- How much does prior misconduct affect the negotiations?