Rising Star Corporate/M&A Lawyer Jenny Hochenberg Joins Freshfields’ Market-Leading Team
Move deepens Firm’s unparalleled resources for clients’ most demanding corporate, regulatory and litigation matters.
In a move that continues to strengthen its position as the premier law firm for clients’ most demanding corporate, regulatory and litigation matters, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP announced today that Jenny Hochenberg has joined the firm’s Corporate and M&A practice as Partner, based in New York.
Ms. Hochenberg’s practice focuses on representing corporations in mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism and takeover defense and corporate governance.
“Jenny is one of the smartest and most capable corporate lawyers I’ve ever seen, and I’m thrilled that she’s chosen to join Freshfields. She is creative, dedicated and relentless in service of her clients, and is one of the true rising stars in the M&A community in the United States. She is also an amazing person to work with, and she will fit in wonderfully with the rest of our exceptional team. Having someone of Jenny’s caliber join us is a real testament to the strength of our M&A group in the United States and globally,” said Damien Zoubek, co-head of the firm’s US Corporate and M&A practice.
Ms. Hochenberg’s corporate and M&A work spans sectors, including healthcare, life sciences, technology, and industrial. Her notable representations include:
- Afterpay on its $29 billion sale to Block (formerly Square).
- Atlas Air Worldwide on its long‑term commercial agreements to provide air cargo services to Amazon, and its grant of rights to Amazon to acquire Atlas Air equity.
- Cable One on its $2.2 billion acquisition of Hargray Communications; its $525.9 million acquisition of Fidelity Communications’ data, video and voice business; its acquisition of Clearwave Communications and its $735 million acquisition of NewWave Communications.
- Canadian National Railway on its $33.6 billion interloper bid for Kansas City Southern.
- Exyte on its acquisition of Critical Process Systems from Wynnchurch Capital.
- GW Pharmaceuticals on its $7.2 billion sale to Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Johnson & Johnson on the planned separation of its Consumer Health business, its $6.5 billion acquisition of Momenta, its $3.4 billion acquisition of Auris Health, the $2.8 billion sale of its Advanced Sterilization Products business to Fortive and the $2.1 billion sale of its LifeScan business to Platinum Equity.
- Light & Wonder (formerly Scientific Games) on its $6.05 billion sale of SG Lottery to Brookfield and the pending $1.2 billion sale of OpenBet to Endeavor.
- Time Warner on its $109 billion sale to AT&T.
A respected thought leader and speaker on emerging trends in M&A law and corporate governance, Ms. Hochenberg has been recognized for her work by Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance, The Deal’s Top Women in Dealmaking 2022 list and by Crain’s New York Business as a Notable Woman in Law, among other legal and M&A honors. She is Vice Chair of the American Bar Association’s Acquisition of Public Companies Subcommittee. Additionally, she was a contributing editor of The Legal 500’s 2022 “Mergers & Acquisitions Country Comparative Guide” and served as a member of the 2021 M&A Editorial Advisory Board of Law360.
Ms. Hochenberg is also involved in several initiatives dedicated to the advancement of women in the legal profession, including DirectWomen, a national non‑profit which works to increase the representation of women lawyers on corporate boards, and participates in the Alliance for Asian American Justice.
“Jenny is an amazing addition to our corporate and M&A team. Not only does she have an outstanding track record in her service to clients, but she also embodies the strong leadership skills that define who we are as a firm,” said Freshfields’ US Managing Partner Sarah K. Solum.
“I am incredibly excited to be joining Freshfields. The firm’s extraordinary lawyers and highest quality practices across the globe make it a superb platform from which to serve clients on their most impactful matters. I am very much looking forward to the journey ahead,” said Ms. Hochenberg.
Ms. Hochenberg joins from Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is a global elite law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on groundbreaking and business-critical mandates. Our 2,800-plus lawyers deliver results worldwide through our own offices and alongside leading local firms. Our commitment, local and multinational expertise, and business know-how means our clients rely on us when it matters most.
Freshfields is ranked by Chambers Global in Band 1 across the six areas of antitrust, corporate/M&A, litigation, international arbitration, tax, and public international law. For more information visit Freshfields.us.
This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide legal advice. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
For more information contact:
Mobile: +1 973 760 7400
Office: +1 212 230 4664
Office: +1 212 284 4987