Dealing with the inevitable.
In the high-value and highly technical world of pensions, disputes are unfortunately inevitable.
Our specialist team advises on the full range of pensions-related disputes for a wide range of clients.
We guide them through this complex world: from risk assessment and mitigation through to formal proceedings before the courts and regulatory bodies.
We have a particular focus on helping clients develop effective tactics to address actual or potential disputes to achieve optimum outcomes, taking account of commercial sensitivities and reputational risk.
Our expertise includes advising clients on:
- scheme funding disputes;
- UK Pensions Regulator moral hazard powers;
- pension scheme documentation mistakes;
- UK Pension Protection Fund levy disputes;
- employer debt ('Section 75') litigation;
- member disputes; and
- claims against a wide range of pension professionals.
Employee benefits/Executive compensation
- Business and human rights
- Cross-border transactions
- Digitisation of the workforce
- Employee data protection
- Employment disputes
- Executive pay and corporate governance
- Hiring and firing
- Labour relations
- Non-standard forms of employment
- Pensions disputes
- Remunerations and incentive schemes
- Workplace investigations
- Workforce restructuring
Charles Magoffin Partner
Andrew Murphy Partner
Dawn Heath Partner
Dr. Elmar Schnitker Partner
Dr. Ulrich Sittard Partner
Brechje Nollen Partner
Satya Staes Polet Counsel
Lori D. Goodman Partner
Stephanie Chiu Counsel