About Christopher Barratt
Chris is a structured finance and debt capital markets specialist.
He spent five years in the firm’s Paris and New York offices and has over 20 years' experience advising on a wide range of structured finance transactions – with a focus on infrastructure, transportation and real estate assets.
- Advising Westfield on the £750m commercial mortgage backed securities refinancing of its Stratford City shopping centre in London.
- Advising HSBC and HM Treasury on the Mersey Gateway project bond financing.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the A11 Bruges bypass project bond financing.
- Advising Associated British Ports Holdings on its £2.3bn combined bank/bond refinancing of the debt incurred in connection with the acquisition of the Associated British Ports group.
- Advising North West Electricity Networks on the refinancing of its acquisition of Electricity North West through a £1bn secured structured debt programme and its subsequent treasury work.
- Advising Scotia Gas Networks on the refinancing of its acquisition of two of the UK gas distribution networks through a £5bn structured bond programme.
- Advising Telereal on its secured bond financings of its BT property portfolio.
Emmanuel College, Cambridge University, UK