About Christel Cacioppo
Christel is a Partner in our People & Reward group in Paris and specialises in all employment aspects of corporate transactions as well as day-to-day issues.
She regularly deals with employment-related issues arising in the context of restructurings (in particular social plans), mergers and acquisitions, and more generally on all employment and pension issues for domestic and international clients.
She also advises on employment data protection issues in France and deals with employment-related litigation (individual and collective) as well as on social security issues.
Christel speaks fluent French, English and Italian.
- Advising Solvay on the employment and pension issues relating to the disposal of its Acetow activity to Blackstone;
- Advising Bristol-Myers Squibb on a number of local and international HR legal projects including: the employment aspects of their internal reorganisation and associated collective redundancies;
- Advising Siemens since several years on their collective bargainings and social plans including a first redundancy plan in 2015 (120 employees) and a new redundancy plan involving voluntary departures and voluntary mobility measures only (32 employees);
- Advising Thyssenkrupp on its two collective redundancy plans (Projects Inversion and Alpha) impacting two of its French subsidiaries in the elevator sector implying day-to-day advice from the conception phase of the project to its implementation.
- Cergy-Pontoise University, France (Maîtrise (MA) and DJCE/DESS Droit des Affaires), with a focus on labour law
- Avocat à la cour
- Regional Centre of Lawyers training (CRFPA)
- Teaches at Cergy-Pontoise University, notably on social security audits (Contrôle URSSAF) and how to audit employment risks in the company