About Simon Weller
Simon heads our Asia global transactions practice.
Simon focuses on domestic and cross-border public and private M&A, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
He regularly advises financial sponsors and corporate clients on transactions across both Asia-Pacific and Europe.
He has previously worked in our London and Hong Kong offices.
- Permira on its US$2.76bn sale of Tricor Group to Baring Private Equity Asia (as well as the initial leveraged buy-out from BEA / NWS in 2016 and subsequent bolt-on of NZGT Holdings in 2022)
- Affinity Equity Partners on its sale of Trimco Group to Brookfield Asset Management (as well as the initial US$520m leveraged buy-out from Partners Group in 2016)
- CPP Investments (CPPIB) on various transactions across Asia-Pacific, including its investments in Flipkart, Accion Labs, DailyHunt, Eruditus Learning, Acko Tech, Virtusa and Zenex Animal Health
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board on its acquisition of a co-control stake in GPA Global from EQT Private Equity
- Carlyle on its acquisition of a majority stake in VLCC, a beauty and wellness solutions business with operations across India and the Middle East
- Warburg Pincus on its investment in Evolution Data Centres
- Carlyle on its acquistion of approximately 25% in Bharti Airtel's Nxtra Data, an Indian data centre business
- Warburg Pincus on its investment in Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)
- Affinity Equity Partners on its investment in Towngas China
- Affinity Equity Partners on its US$200m minority investment in Plaza Premium Group, a global business in airport hospitality services including lounges, through the subscription of convertible bonds
- Tesco on the US$10.6bn auction sale of its Thailand and Malaysia businesses to CP Group
- PepsiCo on its US$130m acquisition of a 26% interest in HKSE-listed Natural Food International Holdings
- Tai Ping Carpets on its sale of a global commercial carpets business to Thailand Carpet Manufacturing Company Limited
- Biostime International Holdings on its leveraged acquisition of leading Australian vitamins and health supplements brand, Swisse Wellness
- China Minmetals Corporation on the privatisation and de-listing of HKSE-listed Hunan Nonferrous Metals Corporation
- Creat Group Corporation on its £820m acquisition of Bio Products Laboratory from Bain Capital
- CK Hutchison Holdings on the establishment of a strategic alliance between its subsidiary A.S. Watson Holdings and Temasek
- Tesco on the £4.2bn auction sale of its Korean business, Homeplus, to a group of investors led by MBK Partners and including CPP Investments, PSP Investments and Temasek
- Clare College, University of Cambridge (Law)
- Solicitor in England & Wales, and Hong Kong