About José Armando Albarrán
Armando leads our corporate/M&A and capital markets groups in Spain.
He specialises in public and private M&A, private equity transactions, securities offerings, restructurings and corporate governance issues.
Armando has been involved in many landmark transactions with a Spanish element. His regular clients include corporates such as Airbus Military, Gas Natural and Amadeus, investment banks, financial institutions and financial investors, including private equity houses such as Mercapital, REEF, BC Partners and Cinven.
He advises them on a wide range of cross-border and domestic corporate finance transactions across many industries.
Armando speaks Spanish and English.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Merlin Properties SOCIMI on its integration with Metrovacesa and on the €3.6bn acquisition of Sacyr's controlling stake in Testa Inmuebles en Renta.
- Advising Firion Investments, a company controlled by a Chinese group of investors, on the €2.5bn acquisition of Urbaser from ACS.
- Advising Cinven and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on the €1.2bn acquisition of Hotelbeds from TUI.
- Advising on the IPOs of Parques Reunidos (€600m), Euskaltel (€1.3bn), Merlin Properties (€1.3bn) and Hispania Activos Inmobiliarios (€550m), and subsequent capital raisings for them.
- Advising on multiple debt and hybrid-bond issuances for Gas Natural, Repsol, Iberdrola, Amadeus, Merlín Properties and Metrovacesa.
- ICADE, Madrid, Spain (law, economics and business administration - E-3)
- Madrid Bar