About Peter Allen
Peter co-heads our international capital markets team.
He advises on a wide range of capital markets transactions across many products, asset classes and geographies. Peter is particularly well recognised for his representation of the firm's corporate clients and for his emerging markets practice.
Keenly aware of where risks and sensitivities may emerge for his clients, whether they are issuers or underwriters, Peter has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and commercially aware lawyer.
Peter also leads teams advising our pro bono clients on a number of social impact bonds.
- Advising the joint bookrunners on the $1.7bn IPO and listing of global depositary receipts on the London stock exchange of Megafon in 2012, the largest London listing for Russian equity since 2007.
- Advising the arrangers on South African power utility Eskom’s establishment of a $4bn global medium-term note programme, and its $1bn 6.750 per cent notes under the programme.
- Advising British Land on its issue of £350m zero coupon guaranteed convertible bonds due 2020.
- Advising OAO Severstal on its three offerings of convertible bonds, convertible into global depositary receipts.
- Advising issuers and underwriters in relation to issuances of, and liability management exercises for, bonds by various companies and financial institutions, including Tesco, Urenco, Rothesay Life, Zurich and RELX.