About Peter Allen
Peter co-heads our international capital markets team.
He advises on a wide range of capital markets transactions across many products, asset classes and geographies. Peter is particularly well recognised for his representation of the firm's corporate clients and for his emerging markets practice.
Keenly aware of where risks and sensitivities may emerge for his clients, whether they are issuers or underwriters, Peter has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and commercially aware lawyer.
Peter also leads teams advising our pro bono clients on a number of social impact bonds.
- Advising Saga plc on its issue of £250mn 5.5% Guaranteed Notes due 2026 and an associated liability management exercise in relation to its outstanding 2024 bonds
- Advising Compass plc in relation to the update of its £6bn euro medium-term note programme, and the issuance of its £250mn 4.375% Sustainable Bonds due 2032 and €500mn 3% Sustainable Guaranteed Bonds due 2030 under the programme.
- Advising the Arranger and Lead Managers in relation to the update of the Republic of Lithuania's EMTN programme and the issuance of €900,000,000 4.125 per cent. Notes due 2028 and €300,000,000 2.125 per cent. Notes due 2032 (to be consolidated and form a single series with the €670,000,000 2.125 per cent. Notes due 2032 issued on 1 June 2022 and on 12 September 2022) under that programme
- Advising British Land on its issue of £350m zero coupon guaranteed convertible bonds due 2020.
- Advising issuers and underwriters in relation to issuances of, and liability management exercises for, bonds by various companies and financial institutions, including Tesco, Urenco, Rothesay Life, Zurich and RELX.