About Claudia Ampolilla
Claudia specialises in domestic and cross-border litigation.
She assists clients in a variety of judicial and extrajudicial disputes and arbitrations relating to corporate, construction, and banking and finance law.
During her time at Freshfields, Claudia has been on a six-month secondment to Barclays' litigation department in London.
Of Italian mother tongue, Claudia speaks English and French.
- Advising a leading foreign bank in relation to criminal proceedings for aiding and abetting the managers of Italy's third largest bank in the alleged crimes of accounting fraud and market manipulation.
- Advising a leading foreign bank in a claim for damages arising from alleged misrepresentations in financial statements and offer prospectus.
- Advising a major Italian company active in the air transport industry in an arbitration relating to its representations and warranties under the agreement for the sale of a controlled company’s shares.
- Advising a major Italian engineering company in a dispute related to an engineering, procurement, and construction contract carried out in Algeria.
- Advising a major French company active in the rail transport sector in a number of lawsuits against Italy's primary rail operator.
- University of Milan, Italy (law, JD)
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy (postgraduate master's in law)
- Postgraduate master's in law held by Prof. Vincenzo Mariconda, Milan, Italy
- Avvocato (admitted to the Italian Bar)