About Nicola Asti
Nicola is the lead corporate partner for Italy in our global transactions group. He is also our Italy managing partner.
Much of Nicola’s work involves advising multinational clients which are involved in joint ventures or M&A of Italian firms.
He takes pride in not just combining technical excellence with a commercial mind but also helping his clients understand the cultural differences they might encounter. How a large US corporation approaches a complex transaction will not be the same as the way its Italian counterpart does - and often these cultural differences matter as much as the legal complexities.
Nicola works by putting himself in his clients’ shoes so he truly understands their objectives, before using his skills as a lawyer to achieve those goals in the most efficient way possible. Many of his clients are financial institutions or private equity funds. He is a member of the firm’s financial institutions, private equity and consumer products and retail sector groups.
- Advising one of the shareholders of a luxury brands’ design, production and distribution company, in the sale of its entire share capital to a leading global technology platform for the luxury fashion industry listed on the NYSE.
- Advising a global private equity fund on the acquisition of a multinational group leader in the production of UDCA, an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) used mainly in drugs that treat gastroenterological diseases.
- Advising a leader in admixtures for construction materials on the acquisition of an international group’s business of cement additives, concrete admixture, systems for structural reinforcement.
- Advising an international private equity fund on the sale of a global leader in specialty closures for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
- Advising a consortium of Chinese investors on the acquisition of a global leader operating in the design, production, sale and maintenance of equipment for medical diagnostics.
- University of Milan, Italy (JD)
- Admitted to the Italian Bar (avvocato)