About Ibrahim Attar
Ibrahim is a senior associate in our Riyadh team and prior to this was based at our Bahrain office working as part of our regional projects and infrastructure practice group. His has experience of working on high profile IPOs and M&A transactions, and also advises on corporate and regulatory issues, with a particular emphasis on capital markets, securities issues, and anti-trust matters.
He is fluent in English, French and Arabic and has a basic understanding of Mandarin Chinese. Ibrahim received common and civil law degrees (BCL/LLB) from McGill University in Montreal, Canada. He also holds a BA in Political Science from Concordia University where he graduated with Honours. He is licensed to practice in the State of New York.
- Saudi Airlines on its privatization of Saudia Medical Services Company (SMS) through the sale of 75 per cent of hte shares in SMS to Dr. Sulaiman Abdel Kader Fakeeh Hospital, one of the largest private healthcare operators in the KSA.
- TPG Capital (one of the largest private equity investment firms globally with US$66bn of capital under management) on its investment in Kudu one of Saudi Arabia’s leading fast food retailers with over 200 outlets regionally. The deal represents TPG Capital’s debut investment in the Middle East.
- Kuwait-based NBK Capital, a leading investment management firm, on its acquisition of a 40 per cent stake in Amo Hamza Seafood Restaurants Company in Saudi Arabia, the largest seafood restaurant chain in Saudi Arabia with multiple outlets across the country.
- Siemens AG on its successful tender process regarding the Riyadh Metro Project in Saudi Arabia.
- Banque Saudi Fransi on its partial sale of its stake in Allianz Saudi Fransi Cooperative Insurance Company to Allianz Group.
- Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Services Company (HMG) and its subsidiaries in respect of its IPO on Tadawul. HMG is one of hte largest providers of comprehensive healthcare services in the MENA region operating 8 health facilties across Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Bahrain.
- Al Moammar Information Systems Company on its IPO on Tadawul, which was the first IPO of an IT company on Tadawul.
- Al Hokair Group on its IPO. With more than 70 amusement and theme parks, a number of international restaurant franchises as well as the largest chain of hotels and recreational cities in the Middle East.
- The lead managers and underwriters in relation to the SAR5.6bn (US$1.5bn) Rights Issue of Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden).
- The underwriters in relation to the IPO of Saudia Ground Services Company
- ABB Ltd in connection with its US$7.8 billion sale of a 80.1% stake in its Power Grids division to Hitachi, Ltd.
- London Stock Exchange Group in connection with its $27bn acquisition of Refinitiv
- BCL/LLB in Common and Civil law from McGill University
- BA (Hons) in Political Science from Concordia University