About Ken Baird
Ken is a finance partner in our global transactions group.
He leads the global restructuring and insolvency practice and specialises in complex restructurings and insolvencies on both the debtor and creditor side, often with a cross-border flavour.
- Acting for Debenhams Plc on all aspects of its financial restructuring.
- Acting for House of Fraser on all aspects of its CVAs, Schemes of Arrangement and proposed financial restructuring.
- Acting for Monarch Airways Ltd on its accelerated M and A and for its subsequent administrators.
- Acting for the administrators of UK airlines of Monarch Ltd.
- Acting for the Senior Creditor Group on the Lehman surplus fund litigation and Scheme of Arrangement.
- Acting for Nortel as English counsel for the Canadian debtor.
- Acting for the administrators of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Ltd, a subsidiary of Kaupthing Bank HF.
- Acting for the noteholders of Paragon plc in relation to UK aspects of its Chapter 11 duty and UK administration.
- Acting for ICG as mezzanine lender to the N+W Group.
- Acting for the De Vere Group on its pension restructuring and disposal programme.
- Acting for the administrators of Woolworths plc.
- University of Glasgow
- Qualified as a solicitor in both England and Scotland
- Former president of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association
- Current board member of the Institute for Turnaround