About Dr. Aljosha Barath
Aljosha is a member of our intellectual property and information technology practice within our global transactions group.
Aljosha advises clients across all industries on intellectual property, technology and commercial matters. He specialises in drafting and negotiating complex IP and commercial agreements, standalone and in corporate transactions, including carve-outs.
Aljosha speaks English and German.
- IFA, a automotive manufacturing company, on the sale of IFA Group
- WKW.automotive in a financial restructuring
- Japanese automobile manufacturer on a long term relationship with a major German automobile manufacturer
- International chemicals company Lanxess on the acquisition of Theseo Group, a manufacturer of disinfectant and hygiene solutions
- Semi-conductor company STMicroelectronics on acquiring BeSpoon from Trumpf Group and entering into a long-term cooperation and licensing deal
- International chemicals company Lanxess on the carve-out and sale of the organic leather chemicals business to TFL Ledertechnik
- Private equity investor EQT on the acquisition of Schülke Group, a multi-national manufacturer of infection prevention, industrial hygiene and personal care products from Air Liquide and the subsequent carve-out and sale of the personal care business to Ashland
- International distribution company Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group on the acquisition of Benteler Distribution, the international distribution division of Benteler International AG, a manufacturer of metal-based products
- Global technology company Freudenberg on the carve-out and sale of its IT business Freudenberg IT (FIT)
- BioNTech, a biopharmaceutical company developing, inter alia, individualized therapies for cancer and other diseases, on a strategic partnership with Genevant Sciences
- Private equity investor CVC on the acquisition of a 50% share in pharmaceutical excipients supplier DFE Pharma from Fonterra (joint venture with FrieslandCampina)
- Hella, one of Europe's largest retail organization of automotive parts, on the sale of its wholesale business
- Merck, a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials, on the carve-out and sale of its global Consumer Health business to Procter & Gamble
- Continental, a leading automotive manufacturing company, on acquiring a stake in the digital mapping and location data provider HERE
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (LL.B., First State Exam, Dr. iur.)
- University of Cambridge – Trinity College, Cambridge, UK
- Columbia Law School, New York, USA (LL.M.)
- Hanseatic Higher Regional Court, Hamburg, Germany (Legal Clerkship and Second State Exam)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany