About Aled Batey
Aled is a finance partner in our global transactions group.
Based in London, Aled has broad finance experience and specialises in acting for private equity sponsors and financial investors on leveraged finance acquisitions and refinancings. Aled's areas of practice also include acting for corporates on acquisition financings, IPO facilities and general corporate financings.
- Advising a consortium led by FountainVest Partners and Hong Kong-listed Anta Sports Products on the EUR2.015bn term loan and revolving credit facilities financing its take private of Finland’s Amer Sports.
- Advising Cinven on the financing for a number of acquisitions, including the acquisitions of One.com, Partner in Pet Food, Planasa and Chryso.
- Advising Advent International on first lien and second lien senior secured credit facilities in connection with its acquisition of V.Group.
- Advising Centerbridge on the financing in connection with its acquisition of Sompo Canopius from Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc.
- Advising Phoenix Group Holdings, the listed closed-end insurance consolidator, on its financing arrangements, including the acquisition financings for the AXA and Abbey Life portfolio purchases and the acquisition of Standard Life Aberdeen's life insurance business.
- Advising Permira on various leveraged financing transactions, including the refinancing of the debt facilities of P&I, the German software solutions business.
- Advising iCON Infrastructure on the debt financing for its acquisitions of Fortum fjernvarme, one of the largest district heating and cooling providers in Norway and Service Terminal Rotterdam, the owner and operator of a bunker fuel terminal in the Port of Rotterdam.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on the financing supporting its acquisition of TeamSystem, the Italian software business.
- Advising Vivo Energy PLC on the financing supporting its IPO.
- Advising Jimmy Choo PLC on the financing supporting its IPO.
- Advising Dixons Carphone PLC on its corporate finance arrangements relating to its merger.